While it may be easy to get access to this data, it’s subject to various terms and conditions that make it not open.
- HSCIC Indicator Portal (Population health data, GP practice data, NHS Outcomes Framework data, hospital mortality, social care)
- HSCIC - searchable list of NHS approved datasets
- HSCIC - transparency data (includes GP Prescribing Data)
- HSCIC - useful list of stuff
- CfH - major classification schemes for disease and intervention (more for bean counting than clinicians or patients)
- NHS Data Hub
- Government economic costing for various sectors, including healthcare, for example cost per GP visit
Things we’d love to have!
- HES data - as a minimum, aggregates could be made available at useful levels
- NICOR - positive intent, but difficult to find data
- Legacy Library - to be scraped and mined
- http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2010FAI15.html - to be scraped and mined
- Data at hospital level rather than trust level - important for a public audience who don’t know or care about who runs an organisation and important for understanding variations within a provider
- CQC’s Quality and Risk Profiles (currently only available to providers and CQC staff)